Monday, June 27, 2011

You are welcome here.

Mark 6: 11 And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.”

============

Many times I have felt unwelcome in a place. The group would not ask any questions about me or talk to me or have conversations with me. Even if they would include me, it felt like I was on the periphery rather being inside.

I don’t know if it were cultural differences or if it were something I was saying or not saying, but the result was the same, I wasn’t supposed to be there.

  • GOD wants me to tell people about HIS SON through my experiences.
  • GOD wants me to share HIS wisdom through my circumstances.
  • GOD wants me to embrace people who HE sends to me.

I cannot reach every person, nor was I designed to. Quite honestly, there are places that do not want to hear what I have to say.  At one point I used to lose sleep trying to steer cold hearts to CHRIST thinking it was me who was doing the saving.

  • If my approach is humble, generous, warm and loving yet not accepted, then it’s time to go.
  • If my approach is sincere, gracious and merciful yet not accepted, then it’s time to go.
  • If my approach is prayerful, kind, patient and GODLY yet not accepted, then it’s time to go.

I noticed one thing about this passage. The people were “sent” out, not sitting and listening. When GOD sends me out to tell people about HIS SON and it they will not listen then I need to prayerfully leave and take my message to those who are willing to be drawn to HIM.

Notice I said “prayerfully” because I believe it takes discernment, wisdom and patience to understand know when to leave. This isn’t a call to give up on “that” person GOD has in your life, rather if I am sent and not listened to, then I can move on.

  • Have you accepted GOD’s calling to “go” and teach others about HIS great news?
  • Have you run into a group of very stubborn people who you know in your heart will not listen?
  • Are the people you are serving draining you spiritually?
  • Is it time to listen to GOD and move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment