Thursday, July 7, 2011

Choices

Mark 14: 38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

============

Many times I have had the opportunity to really do some great things for GOD and chose not to. I mean I really wanted to serve GOD when I woke up that morning but by the time I went to bed it seems I had ruined another day.

  • When I say I want to be more graceful, “that” person got on my nerves and my flesh kicked in to argue, fuss and fight.
  • When I say I want to be less lustful, greed, power and sex seem to pop up everywhere I look and I fall into their trap.
  • When I say I want to be more loving, “that” person downplays my efforts and sometimes ridicules it rather than accepting my gift of love so I withdraw my efforts and blame them.

My flesh is weak! When I think I am strong, I seem to fall into a hole quicker than when I feel weak and helpless. In fact I believe I am blind when I think I am strong so GOD wants me to be on the lookout for temptation.

  • GOD wants me to see my temptation coming at a distance and pray to HIM for help.
  • HE wants me to understand my weaknesses and give them to HIM daily.
  • GOD wants me to make small adjustments in my life so that I can have success.

GOD knows I am weak yet HE uses me and loves me anyway. HE knows my heart is filled with the wrong stuff yet rejoices when I make the tiniest effort to truly serve HIM.  Each time I ask GOD for help way before the temptation begins, HE gives me the strength to get through it.  HE does this a little at a time so each time I am successful I can praise HIM.

  • Are you falling into temptation?
  • Can you choose to not flirt with that coworker today?
  • Will you choose to show grace and mercy to that person who wants to pick a fight?
  • Will you choose to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT today and do what HE says?


No comments:

Post a Comment