Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I want money, power and fame!

Luke 4: 5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

 8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

============

Money, power and fame were powerful drivers in my life. One time I imagined myself reading some popular magazine that I was on the cover as I flew off into the sunset on my private jet. But as I started my “climb” to success I began my “descent” into darkness.
  • To gain money I would work so hard I would not take time for my family.
  • To gain power I would ban together with the unscrupulous until I no longer needed their cunning backbiting behavior.
  • To gain fame I would talk about “my” accomplishments no matter what the conversation.
It seemed like I was becoming more and more fearless in the business world and less and less fearful of following GOD’s ways. In fact I was embarrassed to mention one simple name in business, namely “JESUS” who should be the main reason for all of my words.
  • GOD wants me to have lots of money as long as I have the sincere heart of giving it away.
  • GOD wants me to have extreme power so HE leaves me weak and dependent on HIM.
  • GOD wants me to have fame for the more people who know me the more they can hear about JESUS. (Yeah I said HIS name!)
Worldly possessions are nothing if they are not coupled with GOD.  HE doesn’t mind if I have a big house or drive a nice car as long as I open my house to teaching and pick up the meek giving them a ride while treating them with respect.

My purpose has to be to “Serve GOD” with all my mind, body, soul, desires and possessions, then the devil cannot claim he gave me anything.

  • What will you do for attention?
  • Are you trying to get “noticed” but not in a GODLY way?
  • Are you seeking power without GOD’s permission?
  • Will you serve at least one person today for GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment