Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What am I doing with my life?

Luke 6: 43 “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

============

“Nice or grumpy” are the words that describe the elderly and it takes practice to achieve either title. I guess I want to gain the “nice” title but it requires some work on my part.
  • I can fight my enemies and be just like them or I can serve those GOD tells me to serve, it’s my choice.
  • I can fulfill all my lusts and desires or I can discipline myself to follow GOD’s ways, it’s my choice.
  • I can complain that things aren’t going right or I can practice praising GOD in the middle of the storm, it’s my choice.
Bearing “fruit” is quite important to GOD.  Fruit to GOD is serving HIS humans to the point that they stop rejecting HIS great gift of eternal salvation. I cannot do it without HIM because most times I don’t want to store “good things” in my heart.

I choose to serve GOD even though I sin. HE saved a person like me and I know HE can do the same for anyone else who is willing to make a change. HE gave me a heart filled with compassion even for my enemies and this enables me to bear fruit.
  • What are you doing with your life?
  • Are you too busy to bear fruit?
  • When you get old will you look back on your life wishing you had worked harder?
  • When will you take time to be part of “that” person’s life to help them?
  • Don’t you know one person who needs to hear GOD’s words of comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment