Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who can I trust?

Mark 13: 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

============

“I got your back” were the words I loved to hear in tenuous situations. Whether it was weaving through the bullies on the playground or the bullies in business, I loved to hear someone was supporting me.  Unfortunately I have used empty words to “say” I was supporting a person but never did anything to help them.

  • When I use words with “empty promises” I get the person’s hopes up and dash them to the ground.
  • When I use “flattery” to get what I want I imprison my soul.
  • When I use “catch phrases” to impress people I draw attention to myself and away from GOD.

My words were not always reliable. I have really wanted that promotion or job so much that I would have said anything to get it. Who cared if I stretched the truth or inflated my skills as long as I got my way.

  • GOD’s words are definitely words I can count on.
  • When GOD promises something to me I can truly count on it.
  • GOD never says anything HE doesn’t mean because HE cannot lie.
  • When GOD said HE loves me, I can truly know without doubt “HE LOVES me.”

GOD said “I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.” He also said “I will be with you even to the end.” HE also said “ALL of your sins are forgiven because you believe in MY SON.” I can truly believe without question that CHRIST’s return is imminent because HE said so.

Humans make empty promises and I am no exception. BUT GOD’s words of love, grace, mercy mixed with wrath will come to pass.

  • Have you been disappointed by someone’s empty words?
  • Are you using empty words or lustful flattery?
  • Can you focus your attention on GOD’s words for a moment?
  • Will you add to your belief HIS promises so your faith can increase?

No comments:

Post a Comment