Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Your Calling

Luke 1:
76 And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High;
   for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation
   through the forgiveness of their sins,
78 because of the tender mercy of our God,
   by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
79 to shine on those living in darkness
   and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

============

Confusion never comes from GOD. So when I ask, “What does GOD want from me?” it is clear I’m not listening to HIM.

  • When I believed JESUS “was” and “is” GOD, HE wanted me to tell people about it.
  • When I believed JESUS spoke with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT and convinced them that HE should become human, HE wanted me to tell people about it.
  • When I believed JESUS volunteered to be murdered in order to save me, HE wanted me to tell people about it.
GOD wants everyone to know about HIS message of mercy, peace and forgiveness. I have to understand that I need mercy, peace and forgiveness in order to accept the mysterious facts HE presents in the Bible.

  • If I don’t think I need to be saved then there is nothing to believe in.
  • If I don’t believe there is a heaven or hell then there is nothing to believe in.
  • If I don’t think there is a definitive right or wrong then there is nothing to believe in.
  • If I don’t believe in demons, sin or a cursed Earth then there is nothing to believe in.

I do believe in all of the above and I also believe the Bible is very real and true to its words that time is extremely short. I can follow politics, movie stars and monetary dreams which amount to nothing or I can follow GOD and receive HIS peace.

  • Will you accept HIS calling to you?
  • Will you tell people about the marvelous news JESUS has done for you?
  • Can you drop your fears of being labeled “weird” and accept GOD’s label of “son” or “daughter?”

No comments:

Post a Comment