Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Denial of GOD only makes it worse.

Luke 22: 59 About an hour later another asserted, “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean.”

 60 Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly.

============

“Come on let’s go out to the bar” was the beginning of a weekend of bad decisions. I would just have a few drinks, flirt a little, dance a little and release some of the cares I had from the week.

That phone number along with my pounding head would once again keep me from going to church. I mean GOD will understand the need to release my anxiety by having a little fun right?

  • It’s amazing how much I deny GOD’s words on a daily basis.
  • Many times I don’t believe GOD would do anything to any human.
  • Sometimes I think it’s crazy to believe in demons.
  • Other times I question the existence of Hell and the possibility of me going there.
  • Still other times I dare GOD to sequester consequences on the sin I’ve just committed.

Invisible, inaudible and only words and feelings describing HIM make GOD look like a fable to me sometimes. Then that thing would happen. A difficult situation that requires HIS mighty power would somehow pop into my life at the wrong time. “GOD I need YOU” I would cry out!

  • You would think GOD would say, “But you sinned when you knew better”, but HE doesn’t.
  • You would think GOD would say, “You should have thought of that before you got yourself in this mess”, but HE doesn’t.
  • You would think GOD would say, “You flat out denied me and chose sin to solve your problems”, But HE doesn’t.

Why doesn’t HE say these things about me? It’s GOD’s loving nature that pursues me even when I try to go my own way. I deny HIM, HE pursues me trying to get me to see that my sinful plan won’t work. Only HIS plans have a future so I can’t deny HIS words, existence or JESUS’ position as GOD the SON.

  • Are you denying GOD by the sin you are planning?
  • Did you deny GOD last night?
  • Which part of the Bible don’t you believe?
  • Are some of the miracles far-fetched to you?
  • Won’t you stop trying to figure GOD out with your mind and add faith to your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment