Thursday, September 1, 2011

Giving “it” to GOD requires open hands.

Luke 17: 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.
============

Getting my way is something I have strived for over a number of years. A desire pops in my head and I get stuck on its merits, dreaming of better days if I got “that” thing. Sometimes achieving my desire isn’t all that it is cracked up to be.

  • Upon achieving my goal of becoming the highest title in my industry I found schemes, hatred and pressure.
  • When I made lots and lots of money I introduced to myself lots and lots of worries.
  • The moment I got what I wanted, I suddenly had no time for GOD.

There is nothing wrong with hard work or achieving a title but I was trying to “become” the title instead of the title “becoming part of me.” My first and foremost service is supposed to be for GOD so I should point my desires in HIS direction.

  • When I achieve my title I should ask GOD “what does HE want to do with it?”
  • When I gain wealth I should ask GOD first “who do YOU want me to give my money to?”
  • When I look for the new group or association to be involved with I should ask GOD “who do YOU want me to reach?”

Sometimes I really believe my life is “mine” and it really isn’t, it’s GOD’s. GOD has the right to do with my life as HE pleases.  HE can tear me down or raise me up or tear me down again as HE pleases.

While HE allows or even places difficult circumstances in my life, I should continue to ask HIM “how do YOU want me to serve YOU and who can I serve next?” GOD even owns my sin.  Yes HE is big enough and strong enough to handle the sin I so easily fall into. HE loved me so much that HE died for all of them. I owe my entire life to HIM because HE loved me first!

  • What are you trying to hold on to?
  • Can you open your hands and let go of every aspect of your life, even your sin?
  • Will you ask GOD “what do YOU want to do with my life?”
  • Do you want a full life?
  • Are you willing to seek GOD to serve HIM and the humans HE directs your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment