Tuesday, September 6, 2011

GOD Wants One Hundred Percent.

Luke 18:  29 “Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

============

Okay, I will admit my greedy dream. There is a specific spot on the lakefront where chemicals have been discharged for years. The stench of air pollutants permeated the air. I wanted to be a billionaire to be able to buy the entire area, clean it up with no excuses and turn it into a high rent district. Why, to make perpetual money and have my slice of paradise here on earth.

  • When GOD makes me wealthy HE expects me to give HIS money to people.
  • When Satan makes me wealthy he expects me to want more and more stuff and less and less GOD.

  • When GOD blesses me with a family HE expects me to follow HIS ways no matter what.
  • When Satan sees I have a family he tempts me to believe I can fix all of their problems so I hold on tight setting false expectations no one can keep

  • When GOD tells me to go and serve HIS people the first thing I need to do is pack and say goodbye.
  • When Satan hears I may go to serve then family matters, relationships and other obstacles seem to surface.

Wait, Satanic that sounds a bit harsh! Anything that takes my eyes “off” of GOD is not “of” GOD. “You should not have any gods before ME,” GOD says. It’s easy to see money can be a god but I never knew my family could become one as well.

GOD owns the money HE has given me and the family HE entrusted to me. HE can do with them as HE pleases. HE wants me to give HIM one hundred percent of my life and stuff.  HE wants me to focus my busy schedule on serving HIM at work or to spend my day seeking people who truly need to hear HIS message. GOD wants me to love HIM more than anything or anyone.

  • Do you want to serve GOD more but you just can’t seem to find the time?
  • Are you waiting for things to be perfect before you begin serving HIM?
  • Can you give to GOD even when your income is lower?
  • Do you think GOD wants ten percent of your money or one hundred percent?

No comments:

Post a Comment