Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I too scream “JESUS!”

Luke 18:  35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. 36 When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”

 38 He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 39 Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

 40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
   “Lord, I want to see,” he replied.

 42 Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” 43 Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

============

This is one of my favorite passages of the Bible! They tried to shut the beggar up and he screamed for JESUS louder. I remember times of pressure and not knowing where to turn but I put my faith in CHRIST. Let me tell you, when times got tough many people will tried to give me “their” plan and looked at me like I was crazy for trying to follow GOD.

  • When times get tough and I don’t have a plan my soul says “scream JESUS!”
  • When all my plans seem to fall apart and things don’t seem to go my way my soul says “scream JESUS!”
  • When I look around and find more and more people in pain and I don’t have a solution my soul says “scream JESUS!”
I guess the reason I like this account of history is because it showed a person who was in dire need trying to work his plan, begging. Yes, that would feed him, maybe clothe him but he really desired more.

He screamed “JESUS” when he felt the opportunity was about to pass him by! He knew this was his last chance and he wanted to become whole. JESUS made him whole so guess what… I too scream JESUS!
  • Are you blind about something?
  • Do you feel you have lost your direction?
  • Are your plans failing?
  • Have you tried calling on JESUS with every fabric of your soul?
  • Will you believe HE can and will “fix” everything in your life the way only HE can?

No comments:

Post a Comment