Thursday, September 8, 2011

Is GOD a joke or is HE real?

Luke 19: 8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

 9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

============

My life has not been that bad when it comes to cheating, stealing and lying. I mean I did all the above but there are no warrants for my arrest. So that makes me good, right? Wrong!

  • Admitting sin is hard to do especially when I don’t even realize when I have sinned.
  • Admitting sin is hard to do when I have covered up my sin for so long.
  • Admitting sin is hard to do when people made me popular because of those sins.

Zacchaeus was good at stealing from people. He stole and called it his job, namely tax collection. It wasn’t personal, it was business. As a follower of CHRIST, I would go to work and try to leave HIM in the car.

There I would turn into a stone cold warrior who dared people to get in my way. Not praying about my plans I forged ahead to take down my dishonest, arrogant power hungry opponents. Little had I realized I had become like them in order to take them down on their turf. I can’t imagine going back in time and repairing every little sin.

  • When it comes to GOD’s humans, it “is” personal, not business.
  • When it comes to GOD’s humans I should be aware of my proximity to GOD at all times so I can treat them the way HE wants me to treat them.
  • When it comes to GOD’s humans I need to conduct my business above the level at all times.

Just because people around me are acting low down and dirty doesn’t mean I have to do the same. Remaining above the level takes a special relationship with GOD that opens my heart to others while remaining firm in HIS beliefs. HE will protect and defend me in all situations.

  • Is there a sin you have become very good at that you would not admit to anyone?
  • Do you think GOD wants you to hide your sins and keep them only between you and HIM?
  • Can you imagine going back to all those you’ve sinned against and repaying them for your sin?
  • Don’t you want to be free from the guilt of your sins?
  • Do you realize that sin has no power over you if you confess them to the crowd?

No comments:

Post a Comment