Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is JESUS “the Word?”

John 1:  1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

============

Promises are a bind that requires the future task to be fulfilled. Many times I have said “I will do ” and it may not seem credible.  But when I tack on a very important expression it adds credibility. “I give you my word.” This means I will do everything in my power to accomplish the task.

Well… I only have so much power and my word is quite different than “The Word.” What is “the Word?”

  • The Word is the final say nothing else can change it.
  • The Word is the truth anything that opposes it is false.
  • The Word is the light which shines bright and no darkness can overcome it.

In my opinion JESUS is “the Word.” I need to be careful when I do this illustration because I do not want to rewrite the Bible.

Read the first verse inserting JESUS.  In the beginning was JESUS, and JESUS was with GOD and JESUS was GOD. Now read the rest of the verses. Wow! What a discovery. JESUS is GOD who made everything, who has life in HIM and was with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT from the beginning.

How did I come to that conclusion just by these verses? Well it wasn’t just by these verses that I draw my conclusion but when I did this exercise, something clicked and the Bible made sense. JESUS is the final say, the truth and the light. HIS way is the only way and when I argue with HIS way, I am against HIM who made me.

  • Is JESUS GOD to you?
  • What makes HIS death and resurrection so special?
  • How do you know GOD can keep any of HIS promises?
  • Will you stop thinking GOD doesn’t know everything about you and every situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment