Friday, September 9, 2011

My fight should not be with GOD!

Luke 19:  26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.

============

Many times I have prayed for something very specific.  “LORD please let me pass this test” or “LORD please make this cop change his mind about giving me this ticket.” Sometimes these requests were answered with a “yes” and other times “no.”  GOD seemed random and harsh.

I mean I followed a couple of HIS “rules” yesterday, I went to church this month at least once and I tithed in offering this time, yet I’m in this mess. GOD’s way seems too hard, maybe I should find another way.
  • When I believed JESUS is GOD who died specifically to save me I joined a group of people who would be persecuted.
  • When I believed JESUS is GOD who died specifically to save me I stopped fighting with HIM and began serving HIS humans.
  • When I believed JESUS is GOD who died specifically to save me earthly rewards don’t excite me as much rather I seek heavenly rewards.
My plans will not get me very far without GOD and my complaints about HIM are quite arrogant. “Why do YOU do things ‘this’ way or ‘that’ way” are words that should never cross my lips. I need GOD in every plan and in every battle. My fight is not with HIM because HE saved me and wants the best for me.
  • GOD wants my faith.
  • GOD wants my time.
  • GOD wants my service.
  • GOD wants my belief.
  • GOD wants my love.
HE specifically gave me talents to use for the furthering of HIS kingdom. My fight should be against the things that prevent me from using those talents for HIS purpose. Instead of fighting GOD my battle is with me.
  • Has GOD given you talent or gifts or abilities that you are wasting serving yourself?
  • Have you asked GOD “what do YOU want me to do?”
  • Are you chasing after someone else’s love and not pursuing GOD’s love?
  • Yes times are difficult and GOD still wants you to serve, now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment