Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peer pressure got to me!

Luke 23: 22 For the third time he spoke to them: “Why? What crime has this man committed? I have found in him no grounds for the death penalty. Therefore I will have him punished and then release him.”

 23 But with loud shouts they insistently demanded that he be crucified, and their shouts prevailed. 24 So Pilate decided to grant their demand. 25 He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will.

============

It felt great being on my own for the first time. I could do with my body or someone else’s body, what I wanted to. When I got around the crowd, I could be the life of the party.  My language changed from holier than thou to holy . My peers egged me on.  I was the “man” or so I thought.

  • Each time I choose my sinful life over JESUS I lose.
  • Each time I downplay my relationship with JESUS HE does the same to me.
  • Each time I stand for “nothing” I’m actually standing against what JESUS says.

Pilate could care less about JESUS as he saw HIM as only a mere man. I guess sometimes I do the same.  Oh yes I know HE is GOD and HE died for my sins, but I treat HIM like HE isn’t quite in charge of my life rather I am. 

With bad plans in hand I go about trying to please myself or others not once considering what GOD wants.  When I even think I’m not going to get my way, my nerves get on edge and sin ensues.

  • Choosing JESUS over peer pressure isn’t easy but it’s the right thing to do.
  • Choosing JESUS over peer pressure actually makes me make some hard choices about my current behavior.
  • Choosing JESUS over peer pressure seems to never look easy but has always benefit me and those around me who I feared.

Killing an innocent man to protect his wealthy lifestyle and power is definitely a bad decision, BUT GOD looks at my life and says my sins are equal if not worse than Pilates because I know better.

  • Are you afraid to audibly say JESUS’ name to “certain” people?
  • Do your peers enjoy your sin?
  • Will your peers get punished for the sin you commit?
  • Will you get punished for the sin you commit?
  • Does GOD punish anyone or is HE just a big pushover?
  • Does GOD’s love for me have room for me to ignore HIM or even go against HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment