Monday, September 12, 2011

Why should I praise GOD?

Luke 19: 37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

 38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”

   “Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

 39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

   40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

============

When I look at life, sometimes it doesn’t seem like I have a lot of good news to spread. You heard it before. The economy is bad, someone else is sick, and “those” people don’t like me. Shouldn’t I praise GOD “after” HE has done something in my life?

  • My complaints are abysmal to GOD.
  • My complaints are only my blindness to what GOD has already done for me.
  • My complaints are my lack of faith in GOD’s love and great plans for me.

JESUS wept over the city of Jerusalem as HE approached it, going on HIS last journey of HIS earthly ministry. HE said “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes.” You mean I can have peace right now? Yes!

  • GOD wants me to “know” all my problems are not problems they are only delays to heavenly treasure.
  • GOD wants me to “know” my situation has HIS personal attention and HE is not trying to harm me.
  • GOD wants me to “know” HIS plan for me is ultimate and no one can change HIS undying love for me!

Why should I praise GOD you ask? I praise HIM for saving me, for raising me, for teaching me and for seeking me. With every breath, with thought I say thank YOU LORD!

  • What complaints do you have in your heart?
  • Can you control your hear for a little while to praise GOD for what HE is doing in your life?
  • Will you take time to look back at all the times HE has rescued you?
  • Is there someone you can tell about how great GOD is?
  • Have you said these words out loud “Thank YOU heavenly FATHER, Thank YOU JESUS, Thank YOU HOLY SPIRIT for living inside me!?”

No comments:

Post a Comment