Wednesday, October 5, 2011

GOD saw that too?

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

============

My boss’s boss sent an e-mail to a group of us one day.  It was a humorous “R” rated clip that showed the reaction of a man seeing a nude woman in a strange place. Wow! I thought to myself. Here I am a follower of GOD receiving this tempting video.

Then another thought said “watch it again.” I guess after watching it eight or ten more times I finally got offended. But how cool was it to be in the “in crowd” Huh?
  • Every sin that I do alone is done in the middle of a large audience.
  • Every sneaky thing I do will be broadcast to everyone.
  • Every time I think I am “getting away” with something only makes sin easier to do.
  • Every action I do is seen by GOD.
JESUS knew every sin I would ever do and HE died for me anyway. HE saw me watch the video “then” and HE sees my fear and doubt and disbelief in HIM “now.” There is nothing I can do or think that is hidden from HIM.
  • Coming into the light means I can openly admit to GOD and humans that I am a sinner.
  • Coming into the light means I actually try to understand what GOD wants instead of telling HIM what I think I need.
  • Coming into the light means I am truly sorry for the sins I do.
Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to have every secret thing that I have done put on the news? GOD’s grace is amazing so HE doesn’t broadcast my baggage, for now. I do know it’s coming one day though, so I try to get practice broadcasting my sins as much as I can.  I guess my statement is changing from “they are sinners” to “I am a sinner.”
  • What sin are you trying to hide?
  • Are you on the wrong path right now?
  • Can you forgive yourself because GOD has forgiven you for “all” your sins?
  • Won’t you tell someone about how GOD has forgiven you for “that” sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment