Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I’m being pursued

John 5: 5 One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”

 7 “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

 8 Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” 9 At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

============

Boredom was my accepted lifestyle. “I guess I’m sentenced to die here in this go nowhere job”, I thought to myself. Then the phone rang. It was a company who had “heard” about me. Suddenly life ran through my veins. I was once again excited and I could get out of this dump!
  • Being pursued by humans feels great because it feeds my ego.
  • Feeling wanted by humans is wonderful because it feeds my ego.
  • Being needed by humans is magnificent because it feeds my ego.
It feels great getting my ego stroked! I mean when people pursue me for advice or pursue me for me, it makes me feel… I don’t know… better than I thought I was. Unfortunately once my ego is fed, I start thinking I’m better than I really am.

GOD, the creator of universes, the MOST HIGH, the greatest being, decided to pursue me because I turned my back on HIM. In fact the more I run from HIM, the more HE pursues me.
  • GOD saw I would not accept HIS ways so HE took the penalty for my sin.
  • GOD saw I would try to find my own way so HE placed obstacles in my way until I turned my eyes to HIM.
  • GOD saw I would never remember what HE told me so HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me.
Even today HE pursues me. After years and years of walking with HIM, HE still molds my sinful heart towards HIS and guides me through this scary thing called life. HE asked the paralyzed man “do you want to get well?”

There was nothing the man could do to make himself well. GOD pursued him and healed him once the man admitted he needed help and was willing to be helped. GOD pursues me and HE wants me to pursue HIM.

Think of a baby. He/she has all the needs, yet when he/she reaches out and smiles at me, he/she makes me want to do more. The more I seek HIM the more HE pursues me and blesses me!
  • Are you trying to pursue GOD?
  • How often do you speak to HIM?
  • Have you asked HIM “what do you want me to do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment