Thursday, October 13, 2011

Put my mind on something worthwhile

John 5: 21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

============

Phone call after phone call drove my frustration higher and higher. I sent e-mails and did, what I thought, were the right things to do but they would not respond. This elite group seemed to shun my very existence. Here we go again, not fitting in!

“Forget them, I don’t need them anyway!” I thought to myself. But why don’t they want me?
  • I have been turned down by employers and have gotten disappointed.
  • I have been turned down by groups and felt rejected.
  • I have been turned down by a person I asked for a simple dance and felt insulted.
Nothing was wrong with the things I sought after, so at least I thought. GOD has a strange, yet supreme way of keeping me out of the things that would move me off HIS course. What is HIS plan?
  • GOD the FATHER wants me to focus on GOD the SON who gives me life.
  • GOD the FATHER wants me to focus on GOD the SON who one day will judge all of my actions.
  • GOD the FATHER wants me to focus on GOD the SON who deserves equal honor that I give to the FATHER.
Many ideas, plans and desires pop into my head that distract me from focusing on what is truly valuable. GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT should remain paramount in my mind at all times. Yes it feels great to be part of “that” group and to achieve goals. Believe me I have been “in the club” many times and received numerous awards.

But just as much as I have been “in” I have been “out.” It’s like chasing rainbows after a while. GOD excuses my distractions but loves when I focus on the one true prize namely “THE SON.” The more I put my mind on HIM the better off I am.
  • What are you distracted by?
  • Is your life too busy for GOD?
  • Have you said “I will worship HIM after things get better?”
  • Can you begin worshipping HIM right now in the middle of the storm?
  • Won’t you practice being generous while you are poor so you will give more when you are rich?

No comments:

Post a Comment