Thursday, October 27, 2011

A way not to feel “empty”

John 7:  37 On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

============

Sitting on the edge of my bed wondering if I should get back in or get up was the state of mind I was in. My whole world was crumbling around me, or so I thought.  I was floating through life because the worries had become too much for me.

Looking back, I only wish I could face problems as light as the ones I faced during, what I thought were, tumultuous times. I felt so empty. “Why was all this happening ‘to’ me?”
  • When my whole world centers around me then things happen “to” me.
  • When my whole world centers around me then situations out of my control will bring me down.
  • When my whole world centers around me then other people are the cause of my emptiness.
Selfish was the best word to summarize what I was going through.  It seemed like everyone was out to get me.  My parents didn’t understand me, the professor didn’t like me, my girlfriend dumped me, and the judicial system caused me to speed and get tickets. Is there anyone on my side?
  • JESUS said “Come to me” which means I have to leave “me” and go to HIM.
  • JESUS said “Drink” which means stop thinking in selfish ways and accept HIS ways of peace.
  • JESUS said “Believe” which means I can have a peaceful life in spite of situations.
After believing in HIM, HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT who now resides in me.  The empty hole in my heart was now filled to the point of overflowing.  I started seeing other people and their needs whereas before I could only see mine. Instead of doing things only for me, I could now do for the masses. It’s only because of the HOLY SPIRIT that I am able to serve.
  • Do you feel empty right now?
  • Does it seem like everyone around you is against you?
  • Is life making you tired?
  • Can you “believe” that GOD cares about you when no one else does?
  • Will you let HIM fill your heart with HIS love for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment