Thursday, October 20, 2011

What does GOD want from me?

John 6: 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
------------
40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

============

“Oh no!” my mind cried out. “I’m going to miss my plane.” I forgot to set my alarm and I couldn’t find my keys. “Ugh, what a frustrating morning,” I screamed in my mind. I sped through the neighborhood only to be met with school busses stopping at what seemed to be every house.

Now clock management was crucial. Every second counted. “LORD, please, please, please get me there on time” I muttered as my heart raced! Flooring it, I reached the airport in record time. No I didn’t obey the speed limit but that’s another story. “I can still make my flight!” I thought.

To my dismay the parking lot was full and I had to go to the furthest offsite parking spot I could find which truly killed any chances of making the flight. “GOD what do you want from me” I shouted.
  • Frustrations in life cause me to blame GOD.
  • My bad choices in life cause me to forget about GOD’s will.
  • Situations out of my control cause me to think of GOD as person who will leave when the going gets tough.
Many days I have put myself in a position where I am too busy for GOD or too frustrated to even think about HIM. I don’t feel like telling people about HIS grace, mercy and love because I’m focused on the old lady swerving in front of me driving at snails’ pace.
  • GOD wants me to have peace in the middle of frustrations to show others HE is in control.
  • GOD desires that I take my frustrations to HIM and remain calm through the storm.
  • GOD yearns that I tell everyone about HIS SON and through my belief HE will draw people to HIM.
When I question “GOD what do you want from me” I really don’t want the answer rather I want my way. It’s plain what GOD wants from me, to believe in HIS SON as the one and only savior.
  • Are you frustrated by something or someone right now?
  • What obstacle did “you” put in your own way?
  • Can you turn your situation over to GOD in earnest prayer?
  • Won’t you help someone, who has doubts about GOD, believe by sharing the mercy GOD has given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment