Monday, November 7, 2011

GOD is that you?

John 8: 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

============

My life has been riddled with events that most would just brush off as “coincidences.”  A “coincidence” is the explanation of an event that happened by “chance” in a surprising or remarkable way. What I call a “miracle” some would say “the situation was supposed to happen that way.” What is the explanation for the events that happen in my life?

  • There are no coincidences in my life, but many times I believe GOD is not involved.
  • There are no coincidences in my life, but I try my best to set myself up to make coincidences happen.
  • There are no coincidences in my life, but I brush off the smallest thing as a random event rather than GOD speaking to me.

I can go into a laundry list of tiny events and circumstances that makes me very aware that GOD is speaking daily. Delays in traffic, words from a stranger, seeing a person that looks very familiar all have some purpose that seems random. BUT GOD uses each event to steer me to HIS purpose.

  • Once I opened my eyes, I could see GOD working in all events.
  • Once I opened my ears, I could hear GOD telling me to serve others in spite of my sins.
  • Once I opened my heart, I could feel GOD’s love every day and HIS motivation consumes me.

I’m no better than the next person.  I have no special powers, rather GOD has all the power. But I can listen to GOD speak every day and HE says, “Serve even though the service won’t be seen.” He says, “Give even though no one will say thanks.” He says “Forgive and I will forgive you.” Yes, GOD speaks and it’s up to me to hear what HE has to say.

  • Is GOD speaking to you?
  • Does it disturb you that GOD hasn’t spoken to you if you haven’t heard HIM?
  • Are you too busy listening to yourself?
  • Are you trying so hard to get your way that you can’t hear GOD?
  • Won’t you try asking GOD “what do YOU want me to do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment