Friday, November 11, 2011

I am “sure” everything will be alright!

John 10: 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

============

Sleep hid from me as the excitement of my first camping trip went through my mind. What was going to happen? It was the unknown. Sleep escaped me the day before my first day of school, my first day of college, my first day on the job or moving to a new city.

Why was my mind racing? Was I sure this was the right thing to do? What if something bad happens to me?
  • When new things happen it makes me unsure.
  • When bad things happen it makes me more cautious in the future.
  • When I sin it only makes matters worse and shakes my faith in GOD.
I wish I had the faith of Abraham who seemed to do things for GOD without question. It seems like I have this habit of trying to predict the future based on past experiences. The tougher my experiences, the more nervous I get and the more I question GOD’s intentions with me.
  • GOD knew my faith would be weak so HE grabbed onto my life.
  • GOD knew I would serve sometimes and sin sometimes, yet HE holds my life in HIS hands.
  • GOD knew fear, worry and doubt would be my comfort zone, that’s why HE put a grip on my life that no one can touch.
GOD is all seeing, all knowing all and all powerful. No one can force HIM to release HIS grip on me. HE made me exactly how HE wanted me to be made. Anyone who has a problem with me has a problem with GOD. That goes for me as well, if I have a problem with someone I have a problem with GOD.

I can be sure, that I am sure, that I am positive, that I am sure that no height, nor depth, nor obstacle can keep me away from the love of GOD. I can’t even get in my own way, that’s how much GOD loves me!
  • Do you believe GOD is all powerful?
  • Why do you doubt HIS strength to hold onto your life once you believed in HIM?
  • Are you making an effort to hear HIS voice?
  • Are you “sure” you know HIM and more importantly, HE knows you?

No comments:

Post a Comment