Thursday, November 10, 2011

I can’t see!

John 9: 39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

 40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

 41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

============

“Please come speak to our group” was the request of one of the business owners. Arrogantly, I accepted the invitation thinking they wanted to hear my greatness. When I stepped to the podium, I was met with questions not pertaining to the agenda, nor had I prepared for. It was a trap! How did I not see this coming?

  • When I think more highly of myself, I become blind.
  • When I think I am doing better than others, I become blind.
  • When I think I have arrived, I become blind.

Blindness is my weakness and arrogance is my blind-guide. When I assume someone is stupid or weak or prejudiced or flirty or dangerous, I am acting in a “blind” fashion. I guess it’s self-preservation.

  • JESUS came into the world to lead me to HIS kingdom.
  • JESUS opened my eyes to my fallen state and showed me there is no way to save myself.
  • JESUS volunteered to die specifically for me and you in order for us to “see” HIS power.

Going through life blind and deaf to GOD’s ways has been a problem of mine since birth. HE yearns for me to learn about HIM, teach about HIM and live with HIM in peace not adversarial. Blindness causes me to run towards things I can touch and “see” which unfortunately are not items of faith.

JESUS says “Have faith in ME” and you will see.

  • Are you trying to live by your own power?
  • Do you get nervous easily?
  • Won’t you trade your worry for faith that GOD has a wonderful plan for you?
  • Can you accept your purpose in life telling more and more people about the great news of JESUS’ salvation?
  • Does the last question leave you blind?

No comments:

Post a Comment