Friday, November 25, 2011

Just ask.

John 14: 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

============

Sleep eluded me as the excitement built higher and higher.  I woke up several times during the night and crept into my parent’s room. “Is it Christmas yet?” I would agonizingly ask. I just wanted to see if I got the “stuff” I asked for.
  • GOD says that I should not love of money because it will make me forget who HE is.
  • GOD says I have the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life working against me.
  • GOD says do not set my heart on anything material because that thing will control me.
Nervous and full of agony, Solomon asked GOD for wisdom to lead the people of Israel. GOD said “good choice” and not only made him the wisest man who ever lived, HE also made him rich beyond compare simply because he didn’t ask for wealth.

GOD knows where my “treasure” is that’s where my heart is going to be. If I am full of greed then the first thing I ask HIM for will be something material. If I am full of lust then I will ask for a different mate. If I am full of pride then I will ask for a title and crave control over my life and others. That’s not what GOD wants me to ask for.
  • LORD please expand my heart to include mercy for my judgment abounds.
  • LORD please expand my heart to include grace because I can’t see what YOU see in people.
  • LORD please expand my heart to include generosity because the lust for things makes me want more things instead of giving.
  • LORD please expand my heart to include love especially for those I don’t like.
GOD wants me to ask for things “I don’t want” if you ask me. HE wants me to love my enemies, give to the poor and give instead of getting. HE wants me to ask for peace, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, kindness, faith and character. Above all HE wants me to ask that HIS SON be discussed by everyone who I come in contact in a way that glorifies HIM.
  • What is in your heart?
  • Is your heart troubled because you have not asked GOD for the right things?
  • Are you busy “naming and claiming” more and more material things when you should be asking for compassion?
  • Won’t you seek what GOD wants you to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment