Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Just wait and see what’s next!

John 14: 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

============

Sitting at my desk I toiled through piles of e-mails fretting the team meeting we were about to have. My boss poked his head in my cubicle with a grin on his face which did not diminish my work. He invited me to join everyone in the meeting. Upon entering the room everyone began applauding. Then I turned my head and my family was there.

“What is going on?” I thought to myself. My boss could hardly contain himself as they presented me with a very prestigious award. “I almost slipped up several times” he said with a grin!
  • Many times I think GOD is only a disciplinarian.
  • Many times I feel GOD only wants HIS goody-goody way that I can’t live up to.
  • Many times I believe GOD doesn’t even like me so HE is constantly doing a makeover on me.
My strange perception of GOD has tainted me into believing that HE is a mean perfectionist who really doesn’t love me but is always disappointed with me. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
  • The same GOD who built all universes is taking HIS time to build a place specific to my liking.
  • The same GOD who created beauty and pleasure is toiling over building an everlasting place for me.
  • The same GOD who designed love, peace, kindness and wisdom is using them to build a place where HE and I can have a pure relationship without pain and misery.

GOD is running over with love and can hardly wait to do something great for me in heaven and on this earth.  HE doesn’t like to see me miserable and HE really doesn’t like when I turn my back on HIM as HE extends HIS hand of peace and love to me. 

So why doesn’t HE just zap everything into pleasure mode for me? Well, that question is bathed in selfishness and sin. HE wants me to understand HIS pure unadulterated love for me and accept HIM being GOD on HIS terms. This includes understanding I am a sinner and I need JESUS to save me.

JESUS says “Do not let my heart be troubled.” I believe HE is telling the truth when HE says HE is taking care of everything, even the stuff I am going through!

  • When is the last time you got excited about doing something for “that” person?
  • Are you bubbling over getting ready to serve someone?
  • Can you get excited about preparing something for people you want to show love to?
  • Will you extend your service to someone with excitement, strictly for GOD’s purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment