Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My path is bright!

John 8: 12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

============

Life seems so murky and unclear at times. When it was time to apply to college the road was dark and unsure. My counselor was no help and my parents had never travelled down the road laid before me.

I naively applied to one college which happened to be one of the top schools. I didn’t expect to be rejected so I never built a contingency plan. I had no money, no guidance to keep me successful and no plan. How in the world did I make it?
  • Sometimes the future seems impossible.
  • Many times I have no idea what is going to happen so I fret and get myself worked up.
  • Sometimes I review my accomplishments and wonder how in the world I made it.
Looking back on my life, I should have never reached where I reached nor achieved what I have achieved. All odds were against me and the misguided would say there is something special about me that enabled me to accomplish things others couldn’t. Little do they know I had someone lighting the path.
  • Even though the path may be dark at times, JESUS lights the way.
  • Even though life may be unsure, JESUS lights my path.
  • Even though I may get anxious about the future, JESUS shines before me and calms my nerves.
There is no confusion following JESUS. HE wants me to tell the world about HIM whether I am standing or sitting, working or unemployed, happy or sad. It’s very simple. No matter what the circumstance, I should focus my attention to HIM. HE deserves credit for lighting my path; all I have to do is tell others about HIM.
  • Is your path unclear?
  • Are you worried about the future?
  • Can you calm yourself down by thinking about how JESUS is lighting your path?
  • Will you realize HE is there during this difficult time?
  • Won’t you trust HE has a great plan for you that is truly exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment