Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why is following GOD so hard?

John 13: 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

============

Crying was my way of saying “I am not getting my way.” I cried when I didn’t get my favorite toy. I cried when I couldn’t go over someone’s house to cure my boredom. I cried when I was told to finish my work before going out to play. “Why do my parents have so many rules? Can’t they just loosen up?”
  • When Satan chose to stop following GOD he pouted and was thrown out of heaven.
  • When Satan chose to stop following GOD he no longer wanted to have rules or structure.
  • When Satan chose to stop following GOD he wanted total control over his life and wanted to ruin what GOD made.
GOD cursed galaxies and the Earth because Satan caused humans to sin. Every human born has the deadly disease of sin that can only be cured by pure blood. JESUS provided that pure blood by becoming a human, dying for my sins and being raised from the dead to rule over everything. But life seems tough.
  • Life is difficult so GOD wants me to love people through the tough times.
  • Life is tough so GOD wants me to love people to show HE still cares.
  • Life is troublesome so GOD wants me to love others which not only helps them but gives me purpose.
When I get troubled it usually is caused by me focusing in on me. When I love someone as GOD wants me to then my trouble doesn’t feel like trouble. In fact my trouble seems to be an obstacle to completing my mission which is to serve those whom GOD has delivered to me.

GOD has given me a purpose in life namely to “love” as HE has loved. When I act blind and deaf to this purpose then I get troubled. When I love, I hear GOD clearly!
  • What troubles are you facing?
  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Are you seeking pleasure on your own terms?
  • Can you love people the way GOD wants you to love them?
  • Will you love “that” person for the sole purpose of bringing them back to CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment