Acts 3: 12 When Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? 13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.
14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. 15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.
Jealousy of Peter, Paul and Moses is the best word to describe my feelings toward GOD. I mean they did some cool supernatural feats that my puny faith can’t seem to muster up. People I have prayed for died, that person didn’t get the job, or those people got a divorce anyway.
Why does it seem like their prayers were answered and many of mine fall by the wayside?
- When I think I have to be “special” to perform miracles then I have the wrong focus.
- When I think I have to be “sinless” to perform miracles then I have the wrong understanding.
- When I think I have to be “all prayed up” to perform miracles then I have the wrong person.
My problem with performing miracles is “me.” I think I have to be something I am not. GOD performs the miracles whether I am the messenger or not. HE breathes life into people, heals them, raises them to powerful places and kills them under HIS own power. I have no control of any of GOD’s ways.
- GOD can do anything and the more I believe the more I see HIM doing miracles.
- GOD can solve any issue and the more I point to HIM the more barriers fall by the wayside.
- GOD can heal bodies and broken hearts and the more I depend on GOD to do it the better off I am.
No wonder “I” can’t perform miracles. I don’t have the power. GOD has all power and it’s up to me to understand HIS plan and be accepting of HIS direction.
- Do you need a miracle?
- Can you accept whatever GOD has in store for the situation?
- Have you pointed people to GOD for the “little” things HE does in your life so that HE can do “bigger” things through you?