Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Am I missing something?

John 17: 1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
  
 “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

 
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

 
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
============

 
After reading this, I could not find a situation in my life that would do these words justice. All I know is that there must be something really big that I am missing. A flood of questions came to mind.
  • You mean to tell me GOD is greater than science or the human will?
  • Can’t I just be good? Yes I sin but compared to “those” people over there I’m doing pretty good. 
  • Why can’t GOD just accept the way I want to worship HIM and make everything good the way I want it?
 
Then I realized, all of my questions are coming from a sinful position. With my questions, I am trying to make GOD bow down to me while attempting to justify my ways. It’s a difficult thing to say “I need you to save me LORD” if I think nothing is wrong with me.

 
  • What I am missing is a full understanding of what sin is.
  • What I am missing is why I have to go through a sometimes difficult life to get to a place I have never seen or touched.
  • What I am missing is why I have to be the one who serves or sacrifices my money or gives in to arguments to keep peace.

 
I mean science says life was created by two mega planets colliding, so what if I’m wrong about this “GOD” thing?

 
Faith was the one word that came to mind as I asked “what am I missing?”

 
  • It’s actually harder for me to reject the “fact” that GOD always existed rather than two objects always existing.
  • It’s harder to believe I can ever be good enough to deserve GOD’s love rather than GOD showing “pure” love by dying for me.
  • It’s harder for me to believe everything will be fine on earth when I have seen it deteriorating rather than believing JESUS is building a perfect eternal spot just for me!

 
Do you believe?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment