Thursday, December 8, 2011

Another prayer for you from GOD

John 17: 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

============

We arrived five and a half hours late for our ministry outreach.  We promised that we would show a movie and reach the community. Upon arrival, the equipment didn’t work and no one was to be found so we canvased the neighborhood.  “LORD, why do you have me here?” I cried out in sheer frustration.

I mean I came all this way to serve YOU and everything isn’t going my way! One by one people began to trickle in. Soon the room was full and would you believe the movie projector started working. I don’t even know how to describe how stupid I felt for yelling.

  • GOD has prayed for me.
  • GOD has prayed for my message about HIM to be effective.
  • GOD has prayed for the recipient of my message to believe in HIM and be protected in this belief.

When JESUS prayed for me to deliver HIS message, HE didn’t just leave it there.  HE wanted me to act in unity with the people I sent the message to. In other words HE doesn’t want me to just talk “at” people rather HE wants me to act in unity with them so they can change their ways and I change mine.

  • GOD wants me to remain in HIM to accept HIS protection.
  • GOD wants me to remain in HIM to accept HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to remain in HIM to accept HIS salvation from eternal death.
  • GOD wants me to remain in HIM to be an example to the world.

Unity is difficult. I want my way and they want theirs. Who gives up their way first? After listening to this prayer, I know it will be me!

  • Are you frustrated at GOD about something?
  • Do you know GOD has a plan for you especially if you have a message for others?
  • Are you talking “at” people or have you unified with them to understand them more?
  • Can you accept that GOD has prayed for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment