Wednesday, December 7, 2011

GOD’s prayer for you

John 17: 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

 
============

 
JESUS walked the earth and was tempted in every way that I have been tempted. HE faced life’s struggles with more intensity because HE knows what HE created. HE knows every doubt, every sinful thought, every joyful moment and every sorrowful time. HE has a purpose for me staying here.

 
  • Since GOD has the power to snatch me up and place me into heaven right now, why doesn’t HE?
  • Since the world is so sinful why doesn’t HE take all the believers away and leave those who don’t believe here?
  • Since GOD knows what trouble I have to go through, why doesn’t HE prevent the pain instead of having me go through it?
 
Once again my questions are selfish. GOD desires that “no one” should perish. No matter how wild and crazy a person may seem, GOD infinitely loves them and doesn’t want to eternally punish them. HE left me in the world to share HIS grace even though at times it I very difficult.

 
  • Since GOD left me here, I should make time to tell people about HIS SON.
  • Since GOD left me here, I should focus my attention on others as well as on myself.
  • Since GOD left me here, I should understand HE loves me and is protecting me and is right by my side.
 
JESUS has full empathy for me. HE knows my every struggle and forgives me for my failure. As HIS follower, I should do the same.

  • Will you pray for the person who seems to have no regard for you?
  • Will you stop looking at people with disgust and open your heart to them as GOD does for you?
  • Will you stop trying to protect yourself or justify your actions enough so “that” person will focus on CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment