Monday, December 26, 2011

Is talking about the “Last Days” crazy?

Acts 2: 17 “‘In the last days, God says,
   I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
   your young men will see visions,
   your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
   I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
   and they will prophesy.

============

So many people have predicted the end of the world as we know it.  My skeptical mind shuns their psychic babble as each of their predictions have fallen by the wayside. Will there be an end to life as we know it? The Mayan’s said it is supposed to happen December 21, 2012. I wonder if I should plan a Christmas party next year!

  • Sometimes I act like GOD will leave everything as is.
  • Sometimes I don’t believe GOD will destroy what HE created.
  • Sometimes I think GOD doesn’t really mean what HE says about the “last days.”

Quite honestly I don’t like talking about the “end” of life as we know it.  Just speaking about it places me in a group of “crazy” people who seem to have lost touch with reality. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD says HE will pour out HIS SPIRIT on people.
  • GOD says HE will enable people to talk about how great HIS SON is.
  • GOD says HE is the only one who knows the true “end” of the world as we know it.

One of the mistakes made when talking about the end is telling people to do something incredibly different when in fact I believe we should “do” the same things but “act” differently. I mean I should go to work and plan vacations but carry GOD’s great news of forgiveness wherever I go.

My concern should be on the present, knowing GOD will return one day, I will focus on serving in the here and now.

  • Do you believe GOD will return one day perhaps in your lifetime?
  • Will you live your life in a way that enables others to believe in HIS SON?
  • Won’t you stop worrying about the future and be present for those who need you?

No comments:

Post a Comment