Thursday, December 22, 2011

SPIRIT led choices

Acts:  21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”

 23 So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen 25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

============

When I got my first job out of college I drove to the small town without directions (typical man). I didn’t know the area or where I worked but I needed to find an apartment.  A car cut me off as I drove around my new “strange” town. Stopping to catch my breath, I glanced over and there was a set of hidden apartments, under my price range.

A feeling came over me saying “this is the place” so I immediately put a down payment on the place then I went to check out where I worked. To my amazement my job was only four blocks from my apartment.

  • I don’t have to see burning bushes to see GOD every day.
  • I don’t have to see seas splitting open to see GOD working in my life.
  • I don’t have to see fire rain down from heaven to see GOD steering me and guiding me.

Okay, there are times when I don’t feel comfortable speaking about the experiences I’ve had with GOD. I mean I feel like I will be looked at like I am a nut or people will brush off my situation as a coincidence or belittle it. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD is just as concerned about my “little” choices as much as the large ones.
  • GOD has a plan for me and has chosen me for that plan.
  • GOD protects and guides me.

The disciples were very SPIRIT led when making a choice for a new apostle. They relied on GOD to make the choice for them. Please don’t get me wrong, planning is great, just don’t leave GOD out of the plans!

  • Do you have a decision to make?
  • Have you considered allowing GOD to guide your direction?
  • Are you trying to control every aspect of your life?
  • Which decisions have you left up to the SPIRIT to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment