Friday, December 16, 2011

Stop doubting and believe!

John 20: 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

   But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

 26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

 28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

 29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

============

Confidence is an amazing thing. As my father followed behind me he had let go of my bike and was simply running. I thought he was still holding on. When I was lifting weights some guys pretended to hold each side of the bar but later I discovered I did all the work. I thought they were still holding on.

In either case when I found out “I” was doing what I thought I could not do, my mind overshadowed my faith and I fell off my bike or dropped the weights. I didn’t believe!
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIM.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has overcome all situations.
  • GOD wants me to stop doubting HIS methods, HIS motives and HIS love for me.
HE knows when I don’t believe HIM and needs to have patience with me, but HE gets excited when I put my trust in HIM and when I throw away my doubts. HE enjoys when I forget caution, when I stop trying to protect myself and when I fully turn to HIM.

I have not seen GOD yet I believe! HE motivates me and guides me even though my faith is small.
  • Are you trying to protect yourself?
  • Are you full of fear?
  • Can you drop your fears, doubts and worries by “knowing” GOD has taken care of the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment