Monday, January 9, 2012

Bad times are being used for good.

Acts 7: 9 “Because the patriarchs were jealous of Joseph, they sold him as a slave into Egypt. But God was with him 10 and rescued him from all his troubles. He gave Joseph wisdom and enabled him to gain the goodwill of Pharaoh king of Egypt. So Pharaoh made him ruler over Egypt and all his palace.

============

Survival was my goal growing up in the city.  I weighed as much as a wet gnat, had un-comb-able hair, tattered clothes and my fighting skills included hiding inside of my nylon jacket. After coming though bullies, robberies, threats and other evil sorts, I wonder how I ever survived.

  • When I’m going through difficult times it’s hard to see the good that can come out of it.
  • When I’m faced with forces of evil people it’s hard to see GOD at my side.
  • When I’m placed in unfamiliar territory with mean people I feel trapped and helpless.

Guns, gangs and graft have never been a match for my GOD.  I have faced muscle bullies and corporate bullies alike, each meaning harm and sometimes it was personal. While I couldn’t see it then I can definitely look back and see GOD was there protecting me all the time.

  • In spite of the bullies, GOD protected my passage safely to and from school.
  • In spite of evil people, GOD raised me higher than most people during my corporate tenure.
  • In spite of thieves, GOD has provided abundantly for me and my family.

GOD has used evil situations to enable me to turn my face back to HIM. Many times I have lost focus on HIM and HE showed HIS unfailing love for me blessing me in spite of me. Now I know “what was meant for evil is now being used for good.”

  • Have you been bullied or abused?
  • Are you being falsely accused about something?
  • Do you realize your story can help someone who is going through the same situation?
  • Won’t you tell others about GOD’s blessings in spite of your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment