Tuesday, January 10, 2012

GOD knows

Acts 7: 33 “Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. 34 I have indeed seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free. Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.’

============

On the way back to school I was pulled over for speeding and received a hefty ticket. A month later on the way to court, I was driving the speed limit when a car sped past me yet I was pulled over and given a ticket!

With two tickets under my belt and having barely enough money to pay rent and school I hoped to save up to pay the second ticket which caused a lapse in the fine. Now I owed more! “LORD where are YOU?” I screamed.
  • There are times when GOD seems to have disappeared.
  • There are times when GOD seems so far away.
  • There are times when GOD seems like HE isn’t listening or doesn’t care.
When the pressures of life come crashing at my door I sometimes cave in and just want peace. It makes me want to be silent about the goodness of GOD and slink back in a hole. BUT GOD says something different!
  • No matter how difficult the situation may seem GOD is there with a plan of salvation.
  • No matter how tough the going gets GOD is there to fight my battles.
  • No matter how bleak the situation looks GOD is there to give me peace.
Moses knew he was chosen for something but wasn’t quite ready for what GOD had in store for him. GOD had to take him through the desert otherwise known as “difficult times” to prepare him for true leadership. GOD does the same with me. HE has and is taking me through difficult times to show me HE is in control.

My tiny wisdom and tenacity are useless in difficult situations, BUT GOD’s plans are marvelous and HE is building my faith to follow HIS ways.

  • Are you trying hard to fix your situation?
  • Are you trying hard to fix “that” person?
  • Won’t you let the person or situation go and watch GOD work HIS plan?
  • Can look at “letting go” as not giving up rather you are yielding to GOD and not seeking credit?

No comments:

Post a Comment