Friday, January 20, 2012

How can I hear GOD?

Acts 13: 2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” 3 So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.

 
============

 
“Man, the women are going to be premium!” a coworker said to me. I had never been to a strip club before so I said “sure, why not?” It had been years since I went to church and I was fresh out of college. Then I heard “that” voice say to me “Don’t go in there.”

 
Of course I quickly ignored the voice because I didn’t want to look like a punk and I wanted to see what I was going to see. After seeing the sad scene of married men ogling over women who really seemed miserable I heard “that” voice again. “Leave and don’t come back.” Okay, this time I better listen.
  • GOD speaks to me all the time I just refuse to listen.
  • GOD speaks to me all the time I simply ignore HIM to get my way.
  • GOD speaks to me all the time I just don’t want to hear what HE has to say.
When the HOLY SPIRIT was placed inside me because I believed JESUS took my punishment in my stead, I now had a leader who speaks softly but firmly. The HOLY SPIRIT tells me exactly what to do and what not to do. All I need to do is listen.
  • When I listen to the HOLY SPIRIT I show grace when it’s clearly the other person’s fault.
  • When I listen to the HOLY SPIRIT I pray for the person who doesn’t deserve prayer.
  • When I listen to the HOLY SPIRIT I step away from the sin I am about to commit.
  • When I listen to the HOLY SPIRIT I serve people out of love not obligation.
Fasting doesn’t make me any holier than anyone else only hungrier, but when I fast, my hunger reminds me to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT. Prayer doesn’t change GOD’s mind, but when I pray I can hear the HOLY SPIRIT calming me down and taking charge of the situation. Praising GOD doesn’t take my problems away, but when I praise HIM, the HOLY SPIRIT clears my thoughts to face each problem head on!

 

The HOLY SPIRIT reminds me that GOD is so much more powerful than any person, any situation or any sin I have committed. HE is my guide to whom I need to seek and listen to.
  • Can you hear GOD?
  • What is HE saying to you?
  • Have you tuned HIM out to get your way?
  • Do you believe HE can use your broken body for some marvelous works?
  • What are you doing to “seek” GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment