Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Utopia


Acts 4: 32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

============

Green grass has been a pursuit of mine for the longest. What I mean by “green grass” is a society in which everyone respected, helped and especially loved one another.  No problem would be too great for my dream society. Unfortunately I had to wake up from the dream and I noticed many splotches in my “green grass.”

  • The world is never going to be perfect.
  • My dreams will always be challenged by an evil adversary.
  • When I obtain a piece of my dream something else falls apart.

It seems like I can never achieve “heaven on earth.” People seem to act as individuals instead of banning together when the going gets tough. What should I do?

  • GOD says continue to testify about JESUS being LORD!
  • GOD says know the community exists and keep serving in spite of not seeing it.
  • GOD says seek those in need and lay my treasures at HIS feet.

Utopia on earth does not exist or at least I don’t deserve to be in it. I am a sinner and if there is a Utopian society then my sin would mess it up. GOD says I sent my SON to die for the sins of mankind. Belief in HIM enables me to get a free pass into HIS perfect society!

  • Are you frustrated because you don’t have your perfect job or home situation?
  • Are you tired of being sick and tired?
  • Can you focus your attention on the gift of peace from GOD?
  • Are you willing to give up some of your possessions to help others?

No comments:

Post a Comment