Tuesday, February 14, 2012

GOD’s protection

Acts 22: 25 As they stretched him out to flog him, Paul said to the centurion standing there, “Is it legal for you to flog a Roman citizen who hasn’t even been found guilty?”

 26 When the centurion heard this, he went to the commander and reported it. “What are you going to do?” he asked. “This man is a Roman citizen.”

 27 The commander went to Paul and asked, “Tell me, are you a Roman citizen?”

   “Yes, I am,” he answered.

 28 Then the commander said, “I had to pay a lot of money for my citizenship.”

   “But I was born a citizen,” Paul replied.

 29 Those who were about to interrogate him withdrew immediately. The commander himself was alarmed when he realized that he had put Paul, a Roman citizen, in chains.

============

Project after project I was determined to do my best but it was difficult. It seemed like I kept running into one of those bosses, who wanted to be an obstacle, but somehow they would disappear and I would still be placed on the best projects.

This angered my belligerent boss. I sensed he was out to get me so I worked harder to win him over. The harder I worked the madder he got. He insulted, yelled and screamed at everyone and I was no exception. I was in a bad position but somehow I got promoted. It was because the head of the department knew I was part of a Bible study of a good friend of his.

I had no idea I was being watched by the family.
  • GOD protects me especially when I am being mistreated.
  • GOD watches over me when things go wrong.
  • GOD uses a chain of events that I cannot perceive to guide me, watch me and guard me.
Paul never knew he would be protected just by being born as a Roman citizen. GOD used this link in the chain of events know as Paul’s life to protect him to do GOD’s will. HE has done the same for me many times when I look back but I couldn’t understand HIS protection while I was going through the trial.
  • Are you going through a trial that seems hopeless?
  • Have you noticed GOD protecting you during your trial?
  • Won’t you stop feeling like “woe is me” for a moment to notice GOD’s love for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment