Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I hope I can persuade you

Acts 26: 27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do.”

 28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”

 29 Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.”

============

“Get away from me with that “gosh darn” stuff; only his words were harsher than I can write. I tried to tell a person caught up in gang living to turn their life over to CHRIST. My naïve approach was ineffective because he may have perceived that I was talking “at” him, not to him.
  • It’s obvious that I don’t care for some people when I wish them harm.
  • It’s obvious that I don’t care for some people when I judge them or misjudge them.
  • It’s obvious that I don’t care for some people when I deafen my ears to what they have to say and only care about getting my point across.
Paul showed he actually cared about every soul he met.  He was driven and determined to have any and every one turn from their sins and believe in CHRIST.   It didn’t matter what they had done he wanted them to seek JESUS.  HE had compassion.
  • When I approach people with true humility I get GOD’s results.
  • When I approach people after I have served them I get GOD’s results.
  • When I approach people after dropping my sins I am more effective because I can tell them “I was in your shoes and JESUS forgave me, HE will do the same for you.”
This is my prayer to the reader… “LORD please show this person YOUR might and strength today. Help lift their burden and let them know everything will be fine and YOUR plan is on time. Help them drop the sin that plagues their witness and open their mouth to shout about the greatest gift namely JESUS dying for our sins and being raised to forgive us! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment