Friday, February 24, 2012

Is my plan better than GOD’s?

Acts 27: 29 Fearing that we would be dashed against the rocks, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for daylight. 30 In an attempt to escape from the ship, the sailors let the lifeboat down into the sea, pretending they were going to lower some anchors from the bow. 31 Then Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers, “Unless these men stay with the ship, you cannot be saved.” 32 So the soldiers cut the ropes that held the lifeboat and let it drift away.

============

Sleep has eluded me many times over the years. In college I wondered if I was going to pass that class. There were medical episodes that had me question what GOD was doing. Then when I tried living for GOD they eliminated the position I worked and suddenly some who were close questioned my every move. LORD can’t I just get in a lifeboat and win the lottery or something?
  • When I am going through trials I want to get out as quickly as possible.
  • When I am going through problems I jump in “my” plan without consulting GOD first.
  • When I am going through tribulation I get up and start doing a lot of activity and exhaust myself.
Being the driven person that I am, it’s nearly impossible for me to “stand still” and watch GOD deliver me especially when the storm is prolonged. Paul told 276 people on that broken ship that GOD spoke to him and they would be rescued.

Two weeks later they still were in danger and had not eaten. I bet they thought “Did GOD really talk to you?” Those who did not believe in GOD may have had a very difficult time understanding the tactic of waiting on HIS deliverance so they developed their own plan.

  • My plan is useless without GOD.
  • My plan will not work without GOD’s power.
  • My plan needs to be GOD’s plan in order to succeed.
“How do I know GOD’s plan?” you ask. It definitely takes a while to be able to discern between my selfish thoughts or the enemy’s tactics or GOD’s soft still voice. For me the only way to hear HIM is to slow down or even “stop,” stand still and listen to what HE says to me through HIS Bible or through other people HE has sent to me. When I listen HE gives me faith to watch HIM work.

  • Are you trying to get out of your trial?
  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Can you hold on longer and watch GOD’s deliverance?
  • Won’t you seek GOD’s plan instead of following your own?
  • Will you stop focusing on your problems and help someone with theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment