Thursday, February 23, 2012

Keep Courage!

Acts 27: 22 But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23 Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.’ 25 So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me.

============

With my heart racing I slowly crept down the stairs. You could smell the mild scent of mold and mildew in the air. It was dark but I could identify my surroundings. I avoided the puddle and managed not to knock anything over. Step by step I made it all the way to the back of the basement in our home.

I had overcome a fear that something was living in our basement when the lights were out and this person or thing was out to get me! What an imagination at ten years old.

  • There are going to be situations that cause me to have great fear.
  • There are going to be times when I doubt that GOD can handle the situation.
  • There are going to be circumstances that are way out of my control and I have a choice between faith and worry.

Walking through life is like walking through that dark basement. Yes the surroundings can be familiar but I am not always sure of where I am stepping. My mind races and tries to resolve the fear I have and just when I think I have defeated it, something else happens to make me cringe all the more.

  • “Keep up your courage” is what GOD says to me when I walk in unknown territory.
  • “Keep up your courage” is what GOD says to me when I sense danger or distress.
  • “Keep up your courage” is what GOD says to me when I feel anxious and cannot resolve the current situation.

Paul and the shipwrecked crew felt lost. With no food or supplies all seemed lost. BUT GOD said “Keep up your courage” to Paul and that’s what he told everyone. They landed safe just like GOD said. I am glad GOD says to me “keep up your courage!”

  • Are you feeling anxious?
  • What circumstance is too big for GOD?
  • Didn’t HE say “I will never leave you nor forsake you?”
  • Can you give GOD your fear and trade it for courage that HE will bring you through the circumstance stronger and wiser?

No comments:

Post a Comment