Monday, February 13, 2012

My sin is only an excuse

Acts 22:  19 “‘Lord,’ I replied, ‘these people know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. 20 And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’
 21 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’ ”

============

Groggy and a little disoriented I woke up and decided to go to church. I was a Sunday-School teacher now but I figured my single lifestyle didn’t have to be hampered with that detail. As I walked down the steps with my class I heard a voice all the way across the entrance of the sanctuary.

“Hey, we had a great time at the club last night! Did you get her number? ” What made him yell “that” in church? And whose number was he talking about? And most of all, what will my class think of me?
  • My sin tells me that I am broken and can’t serve GOD.
  • My sin tells me to remain broken and tries to get me to believe I can’t be fixed.
  • My sin tells me to hide “it” and look good in front of everyone.
When I listen to my sin I sometimes feel small, ashamed, weak, and low down.  I see my imperfections and I think, GOD can’t possibly want a broken person like me to tell others about HIS goodness.  I mean “I’m not a preacher, I don’t know the Bible and I’m chasing women… I can’t change” or at least that’s what I thought!
  • GOD saw “all” of my sins and chose me anyway.
  • GOD knew every mistake I would ever make and still gave me a purpose.
  • GOD understood I would face many obstacles so HE filled my life with the HOLY SPIRIT to protect me and guide me and comfort me.
Broken people are exactly what GOD uses the most.  HE looks at my life and sees nothing but perfection because HE is looking through me and sees the HOLY SPIRIT HE place inside of me. HE no longer sees my sinful outer crust but looks at a washed, cleaned and dusted off soul.

I heard this weekend that change is a lifelong process. I should examine my lifestyle and give “every” element to CHRIST. Little by little I should give my sins to HIM and exchange them for telling people about HIS SON. My sinful lifestyle should no longer be an excuse to living for JESUS.
  • Are you busy trying to look good in front of people?
  • Are you trying to serve GOD “and” keep your sinful lifestyle?
  • Won’t you give up your sins little by little?
  • Will you start telling people about GOD’s forgiveness even in the middle of your sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment