Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No longer hiding from GOD

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

============

Broken vase, black electrical tape, fixed, they’ll never know. Magazine, bathroom hamper, hidden, they’ll never know. Dented car, spray paint, repaired, they’ll never know. Woman flirting at work, it’s at work, they’ll never know. Fear, doubt, worry, anger, they are all inside, they’ll never know.

  • Sin makes me ashamed of what I have done.
  • Sin makes me ashamed to be called a follower of CHRIST.
  • Sin makes me ashamed of telling people about the Great News about JESUS because I think they will judge me instead of accepting.

I have many reasons to be ashamed of GOD when I want to keep sinning. Whether it is blatant or hidden sin, my shame is toward GOD not humans. In fact the more I sin, the more ashamed of GOD I become. How can I become righteous? How can I not be ashamed?

  • JESUS died specifically for me and HE knew every sin I would ever do.
  • JESUS was raised to life, has overcome death and is now entrusts me with HIS message.
  • JESUS gave me the HOLY SPIRIT and now I have help staying away from sin.

I sin, but now I despise the sin I do. I know GOD does not like the sin and that it’s more difficult to be used by HIM in the middle of my sin. HE is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. That’s it! GOD has made me righteous through my belief in HIM! Wow, that is Great News!

Now I no longer have to stay in the same pattern of sin rather I can spread HIS Great News!

  • Are you doing some shameful things either blatant or hidden?
  • What sin can you hide from GOD?
  • Do you feel forgiven?
  • Are you acting forgiven?
  • Won’t you change your life and live for GOD instead of living for sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment