Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Take Courage GOD is right there!

Acts 23: 10 The dispute became so violent that the commander was afraid Paul would be torn to pieces by them. He ordered the troops to go down and take him away from them by force and bring him into the barracks.

 11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.”

============

Tossing and turning I spent one night futilely trying to get to sleep.  The speech was on my mind because I had to explain why things weren’t working.  When I got out on stage I could see the hostile faces.  It seemed like everyone wanted to rip my heart out. “LORD where are you?” I thought to myself.
  • There are times when humans will get mad at me and I feel I have no place to turn.
  • There are times when humans will be disappointed with the way I act or something I did.
  • There are times when humans will make me the fall guy because it’s convenient.
  • There are times when humans will be hurt by things I have said or actions I have taken.
I have been in violent situations but never a mob circumstance like Paul. He was trying to change the minds of those who were blind to GOD and treated HIM like a figurehead rather than the leader of their lives.  The Pharisees and Sadducees talked about GOD and even went to church weekly but never turned their lives over to HIM.

They felt threatened when someone tried to correct them in love and never once admitted they had a problem. In fact they rioted to keep their lifestyle because it was lavish and cushy and respectful. I mean how could you go wrong talking about GOD and getting paid for it? They didn’t have to “believe” in the stuff, just talk about it right? Wrong!
  • GOD wants me to stand firm even if it means I get embarrassed in the process.
  • GOD wants me to admit to others I sin regularly, but I am sinning less and less.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIS perfection and take eyes off of me.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE is right here next to me in the middle of any trouble.
I just noticed it wasn’t an angel who came to talk to Paul it was JESUS. HE said “take courage!” and HE meant it.  HE wants me to have courage to face any situation without running away! HE has the power to fix, heal and mend any problem I have.
  • Are you busy drawing attention to yourself?
  • Are you busy holding onto a lifestyle that you know in your heart is against GOD?
  • Do you realize it take admission of a problem in order to be healed?
  • What problem is too big for GOD?
  • What sins are you trying to take to the grave with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment