Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I “hope” it will happen

Romans 8: 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

============

With wind and snow hitting my face staring down the street was all I could do to make the bus come faster. It was helpless to look at my watch because that seemed to prolong the bus. All I could think about was the warmth I would experience and then my mind would drift into imagining getting a seat this time.

My excitement turned into elation as an empty bus arrived with all the windows closed and the heat blasting!

  • When I set a time on GOD to do something it is always wrong.
  • When I think GOD should solve a problem my way in my time I guess wrong.
  • When I see that GOD is taking HIS time I panic instead of being patient.

When there is a problem in my life GOD seems to be in no rush to fix it. The winds of issues spray in my face and it seems like GOD just sits there. I mean HE has all the power and here I am powerless to take care of the situation.

  • Fortunately for me GOD provided the HOLY SPIRIT to bring comfort to me at the right time.
  • Fortunately for me GOD gave me the HOLY SPIRIT who reminds me of times past HE has brought me through.
  • Fortunately for me GOD imparted the HOLY SPIRIT to give me wisdom where I have none, patience where desire overflows and hope when defeat stares me in the face.

Faith is the substance of things “hoped” for, the evidence of things not seen. GOD wants me to have faith that HE “has” and “will” take care of everything. HE grows the hair on my head and watches over my feet. All of my situations are HIS to do as HE pleases so I will put my hope in HIM.

  • Where is your hope?
  • What are you hoping for?
  • Are your hopes aligned with GOD’s plan for you?
  • Are you living a life of purpose and faith or are you nervously waiting on evidence with doubt?

No comments:

Post a Comment