Thursday, March 22, 2012

Is GOD fair?

Romans 9: 14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

   “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
   and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

============

Watching others get away with crimes or sin was provocative. I mean the frat guys would somehow get “the test” and I had to struggle. A group of guys who were good at keeping their jobs could toss anyone out on their ear and I had to watch. Someone else could act one way towards people and I couldn’t. GOD doesn’t seem fair!!

  • What’s fair to me is not “just” for GOD.
  • What I think is fair is really a form of getting my way.
  • What’s fair to me is really an incomplete picture of what fairness really is.

Aren’t you glad I’m not GOD? I mean I would zap all the “bad” guys and keep all those who acted like they liked me. GOD is truly different in the way HE thinks.  HE has compassion on murderers, rapists and thugs who are truly repentant in their behavior meanwhile HE is harsh on those who act goody, goody thinking they can manipulate HIM.

GOD knows something I don’t know. HE knows the heart.  Deep inside of the person who seems to be getting away with everything GOD sees something I can’t quite imagine. HE sees the ability for HIS child to return back to HIM. HE also sees when I am being sinful and trying to cover it up with “goody, goody.”

  • I actually don’t want GOD to be fair with me because I deserve death according to HIS decree.
  • I actually don’t want GOD to be fair with me especially when I sin and want HIS forgiveness.
  • I actually don’t want GOD to be fair with me because I would miss out on HIS gift of grace.

When my lip is poked out and I am throwing a pity party because GOD seems to be doing more for others it’s actually jealousy and envy at work in me rather than praise. It takes time to see GOD loves the most heinous sinner. The only relationship I should worry about is my relationship with GOD and there will be no envy.

  • Are you jealous that someone is living an “easy” life and you are struggling?
  • Are you able to pray for good things to happen to those who have wronged you?
  • Will you ask GOD for compassion on your enemies today?
  • Can you let go of the issues you have with others so GOD can let go of the issues HE has with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment