Monday, March 5, 2012

It’s the inside that matters.

Romans 2: 28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

============

Although I knew the answer, I just wanted to be sure so I checked her answer. I looked on both sides to see if the coast was clear then I got a good vantage point on her answer sheet. “Wait I see something slightly different on her sheet” I thought to myself.

As I was busy looking trying to change my answer, I failed to notice her noticing me. “He’s cheating off my paper she exclaimed.” Caught! “Think, think...” “No I didn’t” was the only lie I could think of. The teacher snatched my test and compared the answers and saw they were different. “Whew, I got away with it. I should be more careful NEXT time.”

  • Thinking I can get away with sin only leads me to more sin.
  • Thinking I can get away with sin puts me in a very bad place with GOD.
  • Thinking I can get away with sin keeps me from having a repentant heart and even GOD can’t change it.
A relationship with GOD means I accept HIS ways while knowing mine are sinful. Even my birth was consecrated in sin so I have no excuse. My heart has sin in it because that is just my nature. BUT GOD decided to do something amazing with my life.
  • GOD saw my sinful heart and “circumcised it” cutting away enough sin to hear HIS message.
  • GOD saw my sinful heart and led me to believe in HIS SON and gave me the HOLY SPIRIT to guide me.
  • GOD saw my sinful heart and gave me the option of following HIM or following death.
Every little sin I think I get away with only opens the way to more and more sin. Soon I find myself in a mess that I don’t know how to get myself out of. GOD wants me to give my sin to HIM daily so I don’t get too far off the path. In fact HE wants me to take the focus off “my” sins so I can help people focus on HIM.

My inward change cannot be seen by humans, in fact they will still accuse me of sins and wrongs I haven’t committed, BUT GOD sees my heart and praises me while giving me purpose.

  • Are you stepping away from GOD’s path little by little?
  • Do you think you “got away” with that sin?
  • Won’t you take just a little step towards GOD today?
  • Can’t you ask for “a little” forgiveness from HIM as you first step?

No comments:

Post a Comment