Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One “man” rescued me!

Romans 5: 18Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

============

“Liquor run” was designated to me since I had the car. Our phone rang twenty one times in ten minutes; I know this because I counted. “Where is the party” people asked. The number of people was getting too large so I coaxed a person living in my old dorm to reserve a room for us to have a “meeting.”

The night held plenty of laughter until two guys took the merriment a bit far causing a fight. I wonder if I should have held this party.

  • There are times I lead a lot of people to my sin.
  • There are times I drag people down to my mess.
  • There are times I pull people away from GOD rather than towards HIM.

I look back at Adam and think “man, why did you eat that fruit?!” I mean now I have no alternative but to sin and die. GOD saw that sin would ruin the entire human race so HE decided to do something about it. HE volunteered to become a human and take on the challenge of living a perfect sinless life.

HE accomplished this mission and allowed HIMSELF to be murdered by HIS own creation. HE took my punishment for every sin I have ever done or will ever do. HE rescued me in spite of me turning my back on HIM time and time again.

  • JESUS volunteered to become a human and the FATHER and HOLY SPIRIT agreed.
  • JESUS became a human and lived a sinless life even though HE was tempted far more than I ever will be.
  • JESUS allowed HIS own creation to murder HIM even though HE did nothing wrong.
  • JESUS was raised from the dead and is now placed above everything where HE belongs.

It was JESUS who rescued me and I didn’t even know I needed to be saved. Now that I know what HE did for me, I feel driven to turn people towards HIM instead of dragging people into my sin.

  • Are you causing others to fall because of your lifestyle?
  • Are you dragging people down instead of picking them up?
  • What are you purposefully doing for GOD?
  • Are you seeking HIM because you want to avoid punishment or because you love HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment