Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Please GOD as often as you can.

Romans 8: 5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

============

Women with tight low cut dresses were everywhere. The music was jamming and there was a lot of laughter. As I sat down, I found myself surrounded by women. “This is the church for me, It’s better than a club!” I thought to myself.  I have no idea what the pastor preached.

  • When I live in lust I cannot please GOD.
  • When I am driven by my desires I cannot please GOD.
  • When I treat GOD as common as anything else I cannot please HIM.

I am glad the HOLY SPIRIT intervened then as HE does now.  Choices of lust and greed and power and you name it pop up and I say come on in! I would choose the wrong thing every time and the HOLY SPIRIT jumps in and says, “Don’t go there” or “Make peace” or “Serve” or “Tell them about GOD’s SON.”

  • Now that I have the HOLY SPIRIT inside me, I have a choice not to sin rather than a destiny to death.
  • Now that I have the HOLY SPIRIT inside me, I will still sin but sin is no longer the destination rather it’s a detour.
  • Now that I have the HOLY SPIRIT inside me, I have a choice to please GOD.

GOD understands when and why I sin. HIS grace is sufficient to save me and protect me from harm so there is nothing I have to do but believe in HIM. But when I reach towards HIM amazing things happen. GOD sees me, in my sinful way, trying to please HIM and is delighted by even the smallest task I do out of love for HIM.

If I gave someone a cup of water just because of JESUS, the FATHER and HOLY SPIRIT gets excited! The HOLY SPIRIT leads me away from sin more and more while pointing me to GOD.

  • Are you trying to please GOD while living any old way?
  • Do you feel stuck because you don’t know how to stop doing what you are doing?
  • Have you tried replacing what you are doing with serving others a little at a time?
  • Can you understand that trying to be sinless does not get you a closer relationship with GOD because HE already gave the HOLY SPIRIT to those who believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment